Services > Service Areas > Marketing Operations
|| Download PDF Brochure ||
Marketing Operations – “The marketing model moves on”
Make no mistake - marketing is undergoing a dramatic and fundamental change. In the last few years we have seen the rise of a number of new paradigms, which are fundamentally impacting the marketing function:
- The inclusion within the website of significant information about the companies products, the ability to offer the “packaging” of products to meet a specific customers’ needs, as well as targeted “you might also like this…” offers.
- Click-through advertisements which drive traffic to the company’s website
- Social media marketing typically starts with engaging customers, providing content and building trust with them, leading to a growing respect and credibility. Direct sell through social media rarely works and is seen by many as a betrayal of trust until such a time as credibility is at a certain level.
- personal and professional blogs to provide value-added ideas and information to customers to raise the credibility of the blogger and their company
- Communities which allow customers to interact with the company and each other to share ideas and ask questions
- Tools that allow a more effective and controlled response to social media questions and allow customers to participate to help others, with an objective of building a community of company advocates. Social CRM tools are increasingly being delivered as part of standard CRM solutions.
- Using email as a tool to get out marketing messages, offers and branding to existing and potential customers
- Using mobile and smart-phone technology to distribute marketing messages and content. The use of this medium ranges from text messaging through to dedicated smart-phone applications.
Although marketers are investing a higher percentage of their marketing spend into these newer marketing channels and in particular into Social media and Search engine marketing, traditional channels such as print media, mass mailing, TV & radio advertising, and telemarketing still proliferate. Indeed, in the business to business (B2B) marketing space, the more traditional channels still drive a significant number of leads, and trade shows, press releases, trade magazines, industry advisors and other influencers add to the B2B marketing toolkit.
Therefore in developing an approach to marketing today, it is important to combine traditional and new approaches to marketing, in proportions that reflect your target market and demographics, whilst recognizing that in many cases, the new approaches have dramatically displaced the more traditional ones – and will do so more and more as time goes by.
Our marketing operations services
How we can help improve your marketing function
ThoughtBurst can help you meet your business objectives in the marketing area. We can help you:
- Define an approach to dealing with changing marketing environment
- More effectively target your marketing to the correct audience
- Undertake marketing more cost-effectively
- Establish the type of trust and credibility you need in an online social media-enabled world
- Transform the marketing organizations’ approach and operations
- Provide the appropriate feedback loop and measurement mechanisms needed to measure and refine your marketing function
- Define more effective marketing programs
- Better use technology to drive marketing operations efficiencies
- Develop more effective and seamless integration between marketing and other functions and channels, in particular with sales and contact center
Method and tool support
Our C-SOAR™ method provides significant support for our marketing services. The strategy and assessment (S&A) component of the method enables assessments and strategy engagements in this area. The A3D component of the method supports the full-lifecycle of engagements from analysis through to deployment.
The C-SOAR™ method is backed by our RCM Model, which provides significant support for marketing performance across all 9 of the channels included within the model
The C-SOAR™ tool supports the method and enables our consultants to capture engagement specific information consistently and effectively.